Sew a childs party dress course
Jen started sewing after her daughter was born and her "how hard can it be" attitude has gotten her into all sorts of trouble since then! She's a mostly self-taught sewist (with a voracious appetite for sewing books and mini courses) who's passion for sewing has seen her start handmade businesses, learn to draft PDF patterns and launch a digital sewing magazine. She believes that inspiration and confidence are the keys to sewing success and can't wait to help you along on your sewing journey!
About the course
This class will walk you through sewing a party dress for a child (size3-10). You will need to have completed our confident beginner course or be confident in all of the skills covered in that course.
Choose from a confident beginner pattern like the Disco Dress or Posey Dress or stretch your skills and make the Billie Dress.
We'll cover the following skills in this course:
* Using croquis to plan your dress.
* Choosing fabrics, threads and buttons/zips for a special occasion dress.
* Fussy cutting your fabric for matching seams.
* Cutting and sewing with specialty fabrics.
* French seams and rolled hems.
* How to hand stitch the lining.
* How to change the closure on your dress.
* Adding inseam or fun shaped patch pockets.
* Pattern mashing for your ideal dress.
*** Now taking expressions of interest ***